Friday, February 26, 2010

Thankful for Christian Books



I love books!!! I have book shelves in three rooms and I can't pass by a book store without a strong desire to go in and just look. At first, I read whatever book came into my hands, but now I have favorites. I love Christian Fiction!!!! When names like Karen Kingsbury, Francine Rivers, Lynn Austin, Beverly Lewis, or Kristen Heitzmann come to my mind I think of the wonderful stories they wrote and the lessons they have guided me through. Yes, I know they are just stories, but the books lead me to a better understanding of my personal relationship with God.

Television is not rewarding or up lifting to me, but Christian fiction is. I am inspired by the characters and find enjoyment in following their lives.
I am blessed with time to read and free choice to pick what I read. I want books that acknowledge there is a God and he is active in our lives. I hope you will pick up a Christian Fiction book today and discover the joys of christian writers.
I did want to say I also read such wonderful authors as Mas Lucado, Beth Moore, and Elizabeth George who write about scriptures and Christian living. Actually, these are Bible Studies that are part of my daily devotion time.

Life is good and God should be in every part of it, even the books we read!

No comments:

Post a Comment